Passionate and hard-working Software Engineer with a focus on delivering high-quality software solutions. Strong technical, analytical and organisational skills. Keen eye for detail, while also capable of seeing the bigger picture. Experienced in all stages of the software development lifecycle.
Senior Software Engineer
Promoted to Senior Software Engineer following successful delivery of a large project for a strategic customer. Lead teams of software engineers building large and complex solutions. Role includes project and programme management, process improvement and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical leadership to my team and across the business
- Responsible for project delivery timelines, budgets and quality
- Represent Codify at local, national and international conferences and events
- Drive adoption of new technologies and industry best practices
- Work closely with the sales team to specify solutions for new and existing customers
- Write and / or provide input into sales proposals
- Negotiate budget increases, scope changes etc with customers
- Interview candidates for software engineering positions
- Mentor new software engineers
- Proactively research upcoming technologies / tools / processes and establish business case for use
- Operate autonomously and work with management team to deliver business goals
- Design and architect solutions to complex problems. Evaluate options and present to the customer
- Carry out independent audits of third-party codebases
- Communicate and collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Produce training and induction material for new starts
- Produce technical and process documentation used across the business
Software Engineer (Projects)
Software Engineer on the projects team. Responsible for building new software systems and for modifying existing systems. Team and solo development work alongside project management and business analysts. Also worked directly with customers in a dev/analyst capacity.
Software Engineer (Support)
Software Engineer on the support team. Responsible for handling customer calls, investigating and fixing software defects. Also implemented changes to improve functionality and / or quality of life. Mentored new software engineers on the support team.
Gap year industrial placement - PHP / MySQL web development, project management experience, server administration and IT support. Block release to Peth College to study for CMI certificate in management.